Stalled on 4HB Try a Cheat Vacation Beat Type 2 Diabetes Learning to live with Type 2 Diabetes

Many of us get stalled on our way to our ultimate weight loss goals on the Four Hour Body diet. For me the stall started around Christmas time last year after losing 30 lbs in about six months. That was about 15% of my body weight. 15% seems to be a pretty normal amount for anybody to lose without taking “extreme measures” in dieting according to some articles by nutritional experts that I have read.

Rather than resorting to any so-called ”extreme measures”, why not just take a short break? After all, we normally cheat one day per week to allow our metabolisms to rev up. What about trying that for a week, maybe ten days. What do you think would happen? I tried this theory out on a recent vacation that my wife and I took. We rented a motorhome and went camping all over the interior of British Columbia for eight days. We took plenty of supplies so we could stay #4HB legal if we wanted to, but we decided we were not going to go crazy keeping “on-plan”.

Here’s how it played out for me: We left the morning of one cheat day and returned the evening of the next cheat day. We did not take a scale with us, so my last weigh in was the morning of the first day until I weighed in again the morning after our return.

In general we kept to the diet (except for the cheat days), but every day we had at least one meal that was not #4HB “regulation”. Most of the cheat meals were either breakfast or lunch, although we did have one dinner while we were at Whistler. We didn’t go overboard, just ate regular food from the menu wherever we were. Our cheats were never so extreme that we got that “hungover” feeling during our vacation.

I had two beer each night, never more, never less. My weigh-in when we returned home was two weeks from the last post-cheat weigh in. I was exactly the same weight. In the weeks following my weight loss has resumed, almost at the same rate as when I first started the program. By the end of four more weeks I had lost another ten pounds.

There are a lot of strategies out there to help recharge your weight loss. I’ve never gone crazy on the kettle bell swings or Occam’s Protocol, etc. The cheat vacation is a simple, no frills thing that anyone can use to return to your weight-losing ways.

0 comments:

Post a Comment